Sunday, August 29, 2010

Farmer's Market


Today I went to the Columbia Pike Farmer's Market, which is about a 5 minute bus ride from my apartment. Although the selection wasn't great, I got some lettuce and a cucumber and had a great time listening to the fiddle and banjo players and people watching in general. I also got my first proud dose of the Arlington bus system. I hope to really utilize public transportation this year, if only to make up for the damage done in St. Louis this past Spring driving 30 minutes to and from work everyday. I went to the Arlington's Car-Free Diet table at the market and pledged to go car-free at least one day a week- but I'm pretty sure it will be most of the week.

Greenbrier Learning Center is only a 8-10 minute walk from my house. Check this out:



View Larger Map

A: My Apartment
B: Greenbrier Learning Center (everyday)
C: Cambell Elementary School (where I will be stationed 2 mornings a week)

It doesn't really get much better than that.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment