Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Car Free Diet

So, at the Farmer's Market on Sunday, I made a pledge to these guys that I would not drive a car at least one day a week. It sounds easy- but actually, since Sunday I have not been successful- until today! SUCCESS... in small steps. I've been documenting this on my calendar. Today I walked to work, walked home, and then walked to a local bike shop (which was closed today unfortunately) with Steve. Good news! Brett's co-op has an extra women's bike that I can use. I just have to get a brake cable fixed and also drive up to Takoma Park, MD to pick it up.

I love living in the same apartment complex as two of my team members. LOVE it. We have been having dinner together, and playing some games as well. Tonight:

Me, Carolyn, Steve

I just already feel so comfortable and supportive by the "team". We are having our first (which I hope will be MANY) potluck(s) of the year tomorrow night! Followed by a game night and perhaps a little dancing.

We've been lesson planning recently, and it looks like we all have a lot of great skills to bring to the table. Im nervous, but excited. 
AmeriCorps. Getting things done. ; )

E

3 comments:

  1. New bike!!

    How do you play Truth or Truth jenga?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the blocks have a question on them! It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We found a card game called Phase 10 (about $5 at Target/Walmart/Walgreens). Alot of fun for up to 6 people. On the same level as Uno, but different.

    ReplyDelete